Subject: Re: ScreamerNet
From: [email-masked] (Elliot Bain)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 22:51:05 -0500

You wrote: 
>
>Hi Folks,
>
>        I recived a little info from NewTek today that you all might be
>interested in. ScreamerNet WILL NOT work with Win.3.X. SN is a 32 bit app.
>and requires either Win95 or NT. Of course, like me, you get to spend 6
>hours trying to get the darn thing to work before you finaly get ahold of
>someone at NewTek to tell you that you have the wrong OS. Why don't they
>just put it in the darn manual and save all of us the headache!! :-))))
>
>Michael W. Towe
>Video Production Assistant
>Suite 264R. 
>Ext. 3807 Pager# 493-1509
>
>
I guess that goes to show the level and quality of Newtek's support. You *can* 
run SN on WFW3.11 which is a 16-bit OS, as long as you've installed Win32S. The 
problem is that while it's running, you can't see it. If you take it on faith 
that it's there, you can certainly render to a Windows/Win32s machine.

My guess is that because of the bug, they've decided to *unsupport* SN on 
anything but Win95 and WinNT.

Elliot Bain